- Provides strategies for considering literacy when creating public health messages for the general public.
- Provides strategies for considering literacy in direct public health services to the public.
This training, second in a series, contains two sections and provides practical techniques for addressing literacy issues in spoken and written communications. Be sure to sure to complete Health Literacy & Public Health: Introduction as a good primer.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- List seven barriers to good communication in public health.
- Provide an example for each barrier.
- List seven techniques to improve health communication.
- Define plain language.
- Describe three communication strategies you can apply in your daily work.
CNE Credits offered until February 28, 2022. CHES, CME, and CPH credits offered until March 31, 2024.
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Register a free account