- Provides strategies for considering literacy when creating public health messages for the general public. Provides strategies for considering literacy in direct public health services to the public.
- This training, second in a series, contains two sections and provides practical techniques for addressing literacy issues in spoken and written communications. Be sure to sure to complete Health Literacy & Public Health: Introduction as a good primer.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- List seven barriers to good communication in public health.
- Provide an example for each barrier.
- List seven techniques to improve health communication.
- Define plain language.
- Describe three communication strategies you can apply in your daily work.