1. Title: CDC BMI-for-Age Growth Chart
2. Keywords/Themes: BMI, Anthropometric,
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Academy of
BMI-for-age growth reference charts described in this training course apply
only to children and teens aged 2 years to 20 years. There are five
sections in this course:
What is Body Mass Index (BMI).
Using BMI-for-age as a Screening Tool.
Steps to Plot and Interpret BMI-for-age.
References and Resources.
questions are included in each section. Supplemental materials are also
available, including a reference and resource list.
Intended Audience: health care providers such as nutritionists,
registered nurses, pediatricians, and other providers who measure and assess
5. Learning Objectives:
At the conclusion of the training, you will be
the advantages of using the BMI-for-age growth charts to screen for
underweight, overweight, and obesity among children and teens.
BMI by using the metric and English methods.
an understanding of the use of the BMI-for-age growth chart by accurately
plotting and interpreting BMI-for-age on the appropriate chart.
Pre-requisites/Learning Level: No Pre-requisites
7. Competencies addressed: Public Health Science Skills, Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills
8. CEUs Offered: None
9. Cost: Free
10. Modality/format: Online Self-Pace
11. Length: 1 hour
12. Presenter(s) and/or Content
13. Technical requirements:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
14. Registration requirements: Register a free account
15. Creation and/or update: August 1, 2015